Never approach Google for advice. Especially for advice on how to pass time if you’re really really bored. Why? Because if you do, you’ll end up finding what you’re looking for! That missing piece in your life, that spark, that colorful rainbow, that really amazing feeling close to euphoria when you’ve found your life’s worth! Yes, all that and more.
Little tidbits from what God Google blessed me with on things to do when one is really bored. As always, smarty-pant-responses in italics by moi –
– Try to not think about penguins (Tried. Failed. Miserably.)
– Watch TV, repeat everything said in an Italian accent (Tried. Amazingly successful. Family refuses to talk to me now.)
– Throw a surprise party for yourself. Turn off all the lights, then turn them on and yell “Surprise!” Act shocked. (Didn’t try today. Sounded way too desperate. Maybe tomorrow.)
– Go up to a salesman and ask “May I help you?” (No comments)
– Go to grocery store in a bathrobe, slippers, and a towel around your head. Rubber ducky optional. (Not my kind of thing. But I would like a rubber ducky. A yellow rubber ducky.)
– Make a list of things to do that you’ve already done. (Done! result? I can do a lot of useless in any given period of time.)
– Laugh uncontrollably for about 3 minutes & then suddenly stop and look suspiciously at everyone who looks at you. (Not tried yet since I’m already at a risk of being carted off to a madhouse. Not tried YET.)
– In alphabetical order, list all the words you know (I bet this will definitely keep me occupied for the next 2 decades)
– Make orange juice and complain to partner that it doesn’t taste like apple. Proceed to throw the contents on partner’s head acting frustrated. (No. My family doesn’t love me that much anyway, so I might be pushing my luck with this one.)
– Dress up like Queen Elizabeth. Ask everyone to call you Her Royal Highness and refuse to speak unless called so. (Yep, you guessed it right. I dont talk to anyone now. Everyone around me seem doubly happy about something. I wonder what.)
– Put up the Christmas tree. Say it’s for Easter. (Done. I have one job less for Christmas this year!) (Kidding, ofcourse. I might say stupid things, but I’m not stupid myself.)
– Complain to God that Jupiter has more moons than we do. (Did that. God said the more I complain the longer He’ll make me live. So I asked him why only the Queen can have crown jewels, why not me. I think I’m gonna live to be 200!)
Caveat: Do not try all these together in the same place at the same time in front of the same set of people. They might not give you an internet connection at the lunatic asylum.
Disclaimer: I’m not responsible for the repurcussions of the above actions. I don’t know you, you don’t know me, so you have no business doing what I say. For external use only. Batteries not included. Shake well before use. For office use only. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends or my non-existent cat. Offer valid till stocks last.